Modern Classics: April 2017 - Issue 11
With AMG celebrating its 50th birthday this year, we round up the best monstrous Mercedes-Benz buys, from supersaloons to musclebound droptops, celebrate the Ford Escort RS Cosworth's 25th birthday with a B-road blast to Wales, tell the tale of two BMW 635 CSis – one treasured heirloom, the other rescued for £25 from a council lock up – and show you why the Porsche 944 Turbo is such a Clever Money Car worth snapping up now before prices rise. Elsewhere we hit the track in the ultimate Nissan Skylines – a 400R R33 and an R-Tune R34 – and significantly increase our carbon footprint in a Lamborghini LM002. Next we sample platform sharing done interestingly with all the hot Type 4s – Saab, Alfa, Lancia and Fiat, and pay tribute to the endangered MG Metro Turbo.
- Buying a Vauxhall Astra VXR
- Top market stories – why the BMW Z4 is worth a look
- Your cars – including a Brabus Smart and an Porsche 968 Sport
- Our guide to the best new audio equipment
- We hea to Retromobile some French turbocharged fancies.