With the World Championships wrapped up it’s the season review issue. We have interviews with all the road race world champions: Marquez (MotoGP), Zarco (Moto2), Binder (Moto3) and Rea (World Superbike), plus British Superbike champion Shane Byrne. There’s no road race championship as such but Michael Dunlop is the rider of the moment and we have an astonishing story by Stephen Davison about his early upbringing with his racer father Robert.
We’ve also got detailed technical features on three of the most exciting bikes of 2016: the Ducati MotoGP bike, Dan Linfoot’s BSB Fireblade and Ian Hutchinson’s unbeaten BMW S1000RR.
As befits our status as the most authoritative racing magazine in the world we speak to the organisers of the main road races to hear what they can do to reduce the sport’s death toll (seven riders died this year; we published their obituaries in the TT issue).
That’s the heavy stuff done with. For those who want to keep it shallow we have:
– MotoGP stars Jack Miller and Cal Crutchlow in bed a la Morecambe and Wise
– The top MotoGP riders talking about their love of a good on-track scrap
– The year in pictures, over 12 pages
– Britain’s last international Grasstrack meeting (sob!)
– 1987 World 500 Champion Wayne Gardner and his Moto2 racer son Remy
– And the latest pictures of 2017 MotoGP bikes from the Valencia tests