Empire: Blade Runner - August 2017
Empire magazine is the UK's best film magazine, where each issue delves into the world of commercial and arthouse cinema to bring you film reviews, features and set reports.
In the August 2017 issue of Empire
, you will find:
- BLADE RUNNER 2049 - We thought it would never happen, but 35 years after the original, the sequel is almost here. It’s a brave man who makes a sequel to a classic but, as our on-set report suggests, Denis Villeneuve has what it takes.
- SAMUEL L JACKSON AND RYAN REYNOLDS - The hitman and his bodyguard sit down with us to discuss their favourite swearword and who would win in a fight between Deadpool and Nick Fury.
- LOGAN LUCKY - He said he’d retired, but we never really believed it. And now Steven Soderbergh is back with a lo-fi heist movie set in the world of NASCAR.
- ROONEY MARA - One of Hollywood’s boldest actors, and star of next month’s Una talks about tackling taboos and how she felt about eating her first ever pie in David Lowery’s A Ghost Story.
- THE DARK TOWER - Stephen King speaks! A world exclusive interview with the author talking about the first in The Dark Tower films, starring Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba.
- BEFORE THEY WERE FAMOUS - Denzel Washington was a binman. Michael Fassbender worked in a call centre. Jessica Chastain sold muffins. Hollywood’s biggest stars remember their previous career choices.
Read all this and more in the August 2017 issue of Empire. .Buy your copy today!